27/12/2011

News update

Three bits of news for you since our last update =)

#1 Force India driver Nico Hulkenberg has told autosport.com that he is confident Force India will score points from the very start of 2012. Nico said: "Hopefully we will start the season a bit stronger than we did in 2011, if we had the car at the beginning that we had at the end of the year then we could have achieved fifth in the Constructors' Championship. The aim has got to be to have a strong car from early on that can take us into the points. There are some rule changes with the exhausts and also the front flexi wings that have been limited now, it's impossible to say where you are in terms of development. I know what we are doing, but not what others are doing".

The German driver also went on to say: "I always hoped when I was driving on Fridays that they would see what I can do, it's still a very early stage of my career. I'm still not at my peak and that's why they gave me the chance by giving me the car for 2012".

#2 Autosport.com published a list of the drivers with the highest number of overtakes in 2011 here. It's nice to see Force India driver Paul Di Resta in the top 25% of drivers in 6th.

#3 Karun Chandhok has changed his plans for next season. Due to the limited number of spots left in F1 for 2012 Karun has said he will look for a reserve driver role in F1 but also move into a different series.

He stated: "My target is still F1, but the new World Endurance Championship is very interesting".

Read more on that story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.